All right! Currently, I am 1 day away from flying to Europe! I cannot wait for the trip! My trip will start out with one week in London, one week traveling from Rome to Florence, and finally landing in Florence where I will reside for my time in Europe. My first flights are going to be brutal; unfortunately, I still had to fly into Italy because of my Italian Visa and Stay Permit; therefore, I am flying on the following flights.
- BOSTON –> JFK
- JFK –> ROME
- ROME –> LONDON
Boy am I excited, my Aunt Laurie and I will be in London for six days and we intend to do every possible thing to fill our schedules. We will be completing the following:
Tuesday, August 21st
- Check into hotel
- Explore London/hopefully find a cool pub and grab a pint!
Wednesday, August 22nd
- Laurie and I are going for a private tour of London. We will be walking all around London and learning a lot and seeing magnificent things.
- We will also be seeing the Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace.
Thursday, August 23rd
- WE ARE HEADING TO DOWNTON ABBEY!!!!
- We are going to tour around Downton and see the entire estate. This is the only day where it looks like it might rain so we might not be able to go tour the gardens but it is going to be amazing either way.
- We are also going to have high tea while we are there. It is going to be amazing; I am also trying to convince Laurie to get a fancy hat… it isn’t going very well.
Friday, August 24th
- We are touring the Winston Churchill Museum as well of the London WWII bunker where Churchill lead the war effort it is going to very interesting and cool to see and witness.
- For the rest of the afternoon, we are touring around London and seeing the sights by ourselves… maybe find another pub.
- In the evening, we will be going to the theatre; we are going to go see Wicked! I have read the screenplay and worshiped the soundtrack so it will be a great treat.
Saturday, August 25th
- For our last full day on vacation in London, Laurie and I will be visiting Kensington Palace. We will be seeing the Princess Diana’s Wardrobe exhibit. The exhibit shows many of Diana’s classic looks and of course THE BLACK DRESS! For those of you that don’t know about 80’s pinnacle fashion moments, the dress is the sexy dress that Diana wore publicly the day after it was revealed that Prince Charles had an affair. It was a great way of her to basically say, “Fuck you, I’m beautiful, this is what you’re going to be missing.”
- Here is the Black Dress:
Sunday, August 26th
- I’m off to Rome! I leave Laurie in the morning to travel to Rome for a week-long Cultural Introduction to Italy Course. The course is basically a vacation around Rome and the rest of Italy as we make our way up to Florence. More information to come.